adventures, mommyhood, disclosure

Sunday, 25 January 2009

Lather, Rinse, Repeat

Since I moved to Vietnam, new year has been a two-fold affair. The "regular" new year and the lunar new year.

I like the idea of two new years. For one, I'm game for any reason to celebrate, which means I appreciate the eating, socializing and "holiday-ing" part. Haha. But it's also great because I can trick myself into feeling that i have a second chance, to seriously think about what i want the new year to be. Make resolutions. Make plans about the future. Promise to do things better - be less lazy, pray more, work harder, be more patient... the list goes on. Of course it;s another thing all together following through on all those things.

But the exercise of refreshing your frame of mind and being optimistic about new beginnings is fun. 2009 has many great things in store. I mean, it started out great - America (and the world) has Obama for a president! There is hope.


Happy new year and chuc mung nam moi!

1 comments:

risa said...

lather up! ;) what's number one your list?