The good news is that ****** ****** is out of the picture.
Even better news is that next time tobacco companies will probably think twice when they try to push the limits of the law again. It happened with the Alicia Keys concert in Indonesia, it happened with the E-heads concert in the Philippines. They are not invincible, not with their deception, not with their lobbying.
The best news is that THE CONCERT OF THE YEAR is pushing through!!!* I feel exactly the way i felt when I heard Sting was playing in Manila. And I was in high school then. All I got was a Sting fan souvenir (which btw, I kept for years) and well, images of the man shirtless and oh-so-hot under the red light. It still haunts me to this day! Remember those giddy days, R? The E-heads concert makes me feel like a fangirl again.
And the part I hate is that I have a passport but cannot use it! One night only and I'll be stuck in Saigon wishing the whole weekend that I was back in Manila, in the Fort grounds listening to the opening riffs of Alapaap...
My state of mind right now agrees wholeheartedly with "Ang daming bawal sa mundo, sinasakal nila tayo". Gusto mo mag leave, pero di naman pwede!
Can't be all that bad, my optimistic self says. Ill read about it and with my intense imagination, it will feel like I was almost there. Rakenroll!
*If you have to ask "which concert" then you:
1) must be living under a rock. and it doesn't rock.
2) must be a die hard hiphop fan and you think Akon is the bomb
3) must be boy band fan circa 90's, meaning you're still stuck on the Backstreet Boys (I know someone who is)
3) were born in 21st century and too young to know and care about the E-heads. In that case, ask your ate or kuya, or hell, your parents for some rock edu.
4) must be a foreigner who thinks that when we say Eraserheads, we mean the David Lynch movie. Can't say I blame ya!
scrambled
17 years ago
1 comments:
in manila but can't watch! i'm a julie tearjerky loser... still a fangirl eons removed from highschool. but now we don't have to face morning algebra after watching someone rock out ;p
Post a Comment