adventures, mommyhood, disclosure

Tuesday, 29 April 2008

wanderlust anyone?

It's entirely possible that I have been sitting at the edge of my seat since the start of the month when I realized that there would be a light at the end of the tunnel. I'm talking about the impending holiday which starts in approximately an hour and a half, and getting shorter by the minute. April 30 is a holiday in Vietnam (Liberation day) and of course May 1st around the world is Labor Day. Friday is basically a goner, and I am one of thousands in this country who were wise and not work-obsessed enough to file a leave on that day. In fact, even today IS a goner when you think of it. I should have booked the flight to leave today rather than tomorrow but there are some things you have to do (or days you have to work), even if you don't see the whole or half point of doing so. It doesn't dampen my excitement in the least. In fact I think being stuck here while I am on complete holiday mode just makes the anticipation take on a whole new level. Time, time feels likes it's on slow mo - I've been looking at my clock and it's been stuck at 4:28 pm for the longest time! I managed a calm enough morning but right after lunch time, it just hit me big time. I'm going on a holiday! A holiday I badly, badly need, so much so I've been hearing Maddonna singing in my ear the past month (and it wasn't "Papa Don't Preach").
I had all this energy, and what do you do with excess energy? You make lists! Stuff I need for the trip:

  • Passports - check
  • Valid Vietnam Visas (cause we do want to return)- check
  • Plane E-tickets, printed - check
  • Bus E-tickets, printed - check
  • Hotel address - check
  • Cab driver named "Man"'s number - check
  • KL host number - check
  • KL host housemate's number (in case the host doesnt wake up when we arrive at 4am Thurs) - check
  • Maps - check
  • Itinerary - it's all in my mind, but yeah, check
  • Backpack - check
  • Extra bag for the shopping spree - check
  • Comfy but fashionable clothes - check
  • Snacks - check
  • Wanderlust - BIG, BIG check

I'm so game, it's insane. Now if only time would hasten up...

2 comments:

risa said...

nice photo, i like. post all about KL for those of us stuck in the city!

Jae said...

madonna song - like a virgin?