adventures, mommyhood, disclosure

Monday, 24 March 2008

Survival Kit

I stopped at the 40th post and didn't blog for more than a month. Since then, I have:

... had a few ugly Mondays

... had a few "I want to quit today and go home" days. And those weren't even Mondays

... had a few awesome weekends i didn't want to end

... had one drink too many

... discovered that Berrocca kills a hangover really well

... discovered the malicious and devious blog and got hooked

... woke up shaken from weird dreams

... wished GMA bad, bad things

... shook the hand of a Mexican client and almost called him Mr. Marquez (as in Juan Manuel Marquez)

... spent Good Friday eating meat (i forgot and was touring some from my family who visited)

... spent Black Saturday night swimming and then gorged myself with pizza afterwards

... took a few dozen buses and taxis

... found out some friends were leaving Saigon and got sad about that

... missed home almost every other day - counting only those days I was conscious about feeling it!

.. started reading "What Should I Do With My Life?" (thanks R for giving the book to L, haha)

... convinced myself I'd look for more things to look forward to

So on that last note, I booked a trip today to go away and indulge sometime next month (and forget about work and all that miscellaneous crap).

And then in May and June I'm covered since I am going home again for a week via the oh so cheap Cebu-Pac flights! A week is all I need - at least for now

I'm wracking my brain about what to do for the months after that to survive the rest of the year. I'd welcome any ideas to add to my survival kit.

1 comments:

risa said...

my comment needs a whole blog post ;)
nice update (a little of everything thrown in)