I read this today in the news about a disgruntled citizen who tried to sell his country in ebay.
It's funny, but when you think of it, it strikes how deep a point he's making and how disgusted he must be.
"I wanted to attract attention," said Gerrit Six, the teacher and former journalist who posted the ad. "You almost have to throw rock through a window to get attention for Belgium."
I can imagine Flipinos collectively throwing a rock now in Malacanang and still not be given any attention by the one who sits there.
The Philippines for sale? Perhaps no disgruntled citizen will ever sell it on ebay (though you never know)but the government sure has been peddling it for years. From the time of Marcos (or way back!) until the present sticky and shameless president we now have.
It's saddening but really increasingly angering after all these years. When will it stop? Sale season is so over.
scrambled
17 years ago
3 comments:
I hope you understand that the only thing I wanted was to save our beautiful identity. I am Flemish by birth, Belgian by destiny and European by vocation. That no one tries to steal my identity. Belgian is fro me a warm coat that I put on days of sorrow for the dead of a king, by days of glory for Henin and that I sometimes leave in the garderobe of the quotidianita but I always hope to find it bacj there: it is warm and comforting and prosperous. I am not a patriotist but a 'patride' I belong to a country, a universe that protects me and gives my and mine the opportunity to grow and develop, to express my thoughts an be someone.
Gerrit Six
hi jordan! yup, our politicians have been trying to sell this country since time immemorial. buti sana kung good deal, e hindi! lugi pa tayo. it's bad enough to be "sold", it's worse to be sold at such rock-bottom rates. hay naku. shortchanged. :(
Gerrit - Your approach was different and I admire it both for its uniqueness and the message you wanted to express. Coming from a country where our government would rather concentrate on their political and financial conquests rather than getting down to business and hearing what its people have to say, I understand the frustration you feel. I also recognize the love for your country you decribe as "a universe that protects me and gives my and mine the opportunity to grow and develop, to express my thoughts and be someone". thanks for stopping by.
rosey - angering na talaga di ba? like now there's the "hello ZTE" scandal naman.
Post a Comment